I took some time out to update the downloads in Android Questions, using the things I had learned while developing abicus, and I posted an excerpt from a comment on my blog’s EditText Enter Key post on stackoverflow.
Added gosub and on i gosub a,b,c and return. I had all kinds of trouble until I knocked off and went to sleep for the night. When I woke up the next day it was simple pie. I couldn’t figure out what was so hard the night before.
My son added a subversion repository to my site. I had added number functions, string functions, power, compares, stop, and end. I got run, goto, then, and else working and plunged on into on i goto a,b,c without committing run, goto, then, and else. The working version crashed. I couldn’t get it to compile no matter what I tried. I checked out the last revision that I had committed and added run, goto, then, and else. Needless to say, I committed them before moving on. Now I commit regularly.
My Android coco app now does arithmetic. Parens, add, sub, unary minus, times, divide, or, and, not. Now on to the string functions.
My simple line oriented editor with a full screen display now inserts and deletes lines and moves up and down in the file. Now to work on my interpreter. So far it does END STOP and PRINT. Next up GOTO. Already an empty enter switches back and forth between editing and direct mode.
I completely rewrote translate. No more SQLite and no more String manipulations other than FileStream and substring. My benchmarks are completely out of this world. Now off to the user editor.
I took some time out to answer a couple of questions on Stack Overflow. I have used it extensively to find out information about the Android. This is the first time I have contributed. I got a couple of plus votes for one of my answers. I was so excited. I now have a reputation of 21. It’s not much, but I’m sill very proud.
I’m having a lot of fun working on my Coco simulator for the Android. Now that the translate phase is done, I am moving on to the editing phase.
Coco for the Android now translates symbols, keywords, number variables, string variables, number literals, string literals, and arrays. Now that everyone is up to date, back to work.
I went back to trying to program for the Android. I’m using the same book, Android Programming Tutorials by Mark Murphy, but where as I couldn’t get anything to work before, I’m getting good results now. I’m aiming for a Java Coco simulator for everything in the original Coco that makes sense for the Android. It’s a little like urbane basic. It now translates symbols, number variables, number literals, and string variables. Now that I’ve got everyone up to date, it’s back to work.